Should I Start a YouTube Channel?
Video marketing is by far the quickest way to connect with your audience on a deeper level. -Monique
Why I started my YouTube Channel
If you are anything like me, you might be hesitating to start a YouTube channel. There are plenty of reasons of why you should hold back. I think that it is good to be cautious and take time to understand the platform before you go exposing your intellectual property on the platform.
After I took my time researching the platform, I was fully educated about the pros and cons of starting a YouTube channel. The pros out weigh the cons for me. I will share a few of those pros and cons here.
Pros and Cons of YouTube
- Monetization after 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours (240,000 minutes)
- Helping others learn or laugh or even de-stress
- Free to post and strategize on the platform
- People love to hear that you have a YouTube channel
- A way to share your affiliate links
- Long firm content that is very engaging
- People will be more likely to click on your affiliate links when they feel like they know you
- Deeper connection into your niche
- Deeper connection with your niche also means people become more opiniated
- More opinions introduce negativity
- You need to have thick skin and realize that possible rude commenters do not know you
- Making sure to engage regularly to positive commenters (so another social media to manage)
- You will need to be PATIENT, because growth normally takes TIME and consistency
- You will need to niche and stay on brand to grow
- You will have to edit and produce your videos (unless you outsource)
- You will need to learn basic SEO to make sure you have Titles that are always pulled into search
If you are interested in getting your SEO right from the beginning...purchase my YouTube course. I curated this course to explain SEO in a simple yet effective way. Although this course is centered on YouTube specifically...the SEO lessons can be applied to any platform that is a search engine...i.e. Pinterest, Blogs, and Websites.
keep reading | keep writing | keep learning
© By Me Monique 2021. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.