Should I Start a YouTube Channel?
Starting my YouTube channel
Why I started my YouTube Channel
If you are anything like me, you might be hesitating to start a YouTube channel. There are plenty of reasons of why you should hold back. I think that it is good to be cautious and take time to understand the platform before you go exposing your intellectual property on the platform.
After I took my time researching the platform, I was fully educated about the pros and cons of starting a YouTube channel. The pros out weigh the cons for me. I will share a few of those pros and cons here.
Pros and Cons of YouTube
- Monetization after 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours (240,000 minutes)
- Helping others learn or laugh or even de-stress
- Free to post and strategize on the platform
- People love to hear that you have a YouTube channel
- A way to share your affiliate links
- Long firm content that is very engaging
- People will be more likely to click on your affiliate links when they feel like they know you
- Deeper connection into your niche
- Deeper connection with your niche also means people become more opiniated
- More opinions introduce negativity
- You need to have thick skin and realize that possible rude commenters do not know you
- Making sure to engage regularly to positive commenters (so another social media to manage)
- You will need to be PATIENT, because growth normally takes TIME and consistency
- You will need to niche and stay on brand to grow
- You will have to edit and produce your videos (unless you outsource)
- You will need to learn basic SEO to make sure you have Titles that are always pulled into search
keep reading | keep writing | keep learning
© By Me Monique 2020. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.